A new sub-program of the Yukon Nominee Program is the Yukon Community Pilot (YCP). This program was launched in Jan 2020 and would be valid for three years, i.e. from 2020 to 2023.
You may be qualified under this 2-year location-restricted open work permit should you have a valid nomination for permanent residence from Yukon.
About the work permit
Under this work permit, you are eligible to work for up to three different organisations in one of the participating Yukon communities. Your work permit would be valid for two years, and more importantly, you would not need any Labour Market Impact Assessment or LMIA.
The communities participating in this program are:
- Dawson City
- Haines Junction
- Watson Lake
Eligibility Criteria for the Yukon Community Pilot
- You must intend to stay in one of the six communities that are participating in this pilot
- Have 2 or 3 job offers with a max of 3 employers to complete min 1 year or 1560 hrs of work experience in a single community
- have a signed letter of support from the Government of Yukon
About the work permit, all the general requirements must be met.
THE GOOD NEWS
- No IELTS
- No Proof of funds
- No Age limit
- No Min education requirement – Hene No need of WES / IQAS / ICES
- No specific skilled work
Conditions for the Job Offer
- One fulltime job offer or 2-3 part-time offers to qualify and should add up to 30 hrs per week (equal to a full-time job).
- The job must be non-seasonal
- Your wages must meet the minimum wage which is $13.71 / hour
- Your experience must reflect that you can perform the job duties of the position applied (so you cannot be a Sales manager here and a Cook in Yukon)
- All offers must be from a single community only and must be from the participating six communities
Keep in mind your Job offer can be unskilled, NOC C or D will work too, however for C or D, your spouse will not get a work permit. Should you wish to receive a work permit for your spouse, your NOC code must be either 0, A, or B.
Documents you need before you apply.
After you receive a job offer, these two documents are required to be attached to your work permit application
- A copy of the nomination letter from Yukon. This is a confirmation letter to confirm that the foreign national has been nominated for Permanent Residency by Yukon
- A letter signed by the Government of Yukon stating all the factors or the issuance of a work permit has been met, incl validity of job offer, employer docs etc.
After which post 3 -6 months, you will receive your work permit and fly to Canada.
If you are looking to immigrate under the Yukon Community Pilot you may contact us by a Scheduling An Appointment Now!